Phase I - Orientation: Foundations of Interprofessional Communication & Collaboration (FIPCC)
FACILITATOR RECRUITMENT IS LIVE FOR FALL 2019!
Faculty Deadline: July 1, 2019 | Student Deadline: August 2, 2019
Phase I of the 1Health curriculum is Foundations of Interprofessional Communication and Collaboration (FIPCC), a one-credit course taken early in a student’s University of Minnesota health professional program.
Each year, more than 1,000 students participate in the FIPCC course, which provides an orientation to interprofessional concepts and competencies. Students from across the health sciences participate, including:
- Allied Health Programs – Medical Laboratory Science & Occupational Therapy
- Dentistry – Dental, Dental Hygiene, & Dental Therapy
- Food Science and Nutrition – Dietetics
- Nursing – BSN
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Public Health – Epidemiology Nutrition
- Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences: Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- Social Work
The FIPCC course, which is a hybrid model, consists of six sessions, five of which are in-person and one online. The interprofessional groups of students meet on Friday afternoons during fall semester. The FIPCC sessions are facilitated by faculty and health care leaders from the community. Advanced students are also facilitators and contribute to the interprofessional discussion. The FIPCC course detail for Fall 2019 is shown below.
FIPCC 2019 Dates:
On each “FIPCC Friday” in Fall 2019, groups meet from 1:30 – 3:30 PM:
- 9/20/2019: Teamwork, Roles, & Responsibilities
- 10/4/2019: Teamwork & Communication
- 10/11/2019: Teamwork & Leadership
- 10/18/2019: Wellbeing & Resilience for Healthcare Professionals ONLINE SESSION
- No in-person meeting this week. Students complete an online module during this week at their own pace.
- 10/25/2019: Ethics & Professionalism
- 11/15/2019: Social Determinants of Health